Even is building India's best health cover, in partnership with India's largest, most advanced hospitals and labs.
Hospitals and medical labs generate some of the world's richest and most sensitive data. This is often unstructured, siloed and incomplete. Our data engineering mission is to give our users transparent, comprehensive access to their medical data by integrating directly with hospitals and diagnostics labs and creating beautiful, intuitive visualisations.
As the founding data engineer, you will be building up Even's data infrastructure, connecting data sources and engineering our pipelines; ensuring the reliability and reproducibility of our experiments, and making sure team members can easily access key information and make evidence-based decisions. Alongside it, you will be responsible for applying statistical analysis and machine learning methods to our very rich clinical and financial data.
What you will do:
- Build up Even's data infrastructure
- Pooling together disparate data sources into a unified interface:
- Clinical data coming from partner labs and hospitals (test results, scans, etc.)
- Transaction and claims data (hospital bills, prescriptions, etc.)
- Analytics platforms (GA, Hotjar, Clevertap, etc.)
- CRM data (Exotel call recordings, support tickets)
- Payments (from our payment gateway to our vendor payouts)
- and more...
- Orchestrate Even’s data flows for internal use (e.g. computing aggregate level statistics) as well as for production (e.g. applying analytics to user medical data)
- More senior candidates (over 3 years of experience): managing the Data Team as it grows
What you will need:
- Proficiency in SQL and MongoDB
- Exposure to Airflow (or closed-source equivalents)
- Experience extracting and processing data from unstructured/raw sources (e.g. pictures of prescriptions, pdf files, etc.)
Good to have:
- Familiarity with data warehousing (schemas like the star schema, as well as relevant software and cloud solutions)
- Knowledge of Golang (or keenness to learn!)
- Experience with Google Cloud and Firestore
- Experience with Spark
- 1 year of industry experience working on building up data infrastructures
Compensation & Benefits
Those listed in: